Yemi Alade’s Biography
Yemi Eberechi Alade was born on the 13th of March, 1989. She is a singer and songwriter and had been active since 2005. She has worked with a couple of artists such as Selebobo, Phyno, Falz, R2bees, GospelOnDeBeatz and Halle Mordu. She came into limelight after she won the Peak Talent Show in 2009. She is best known for her hit single “Johnny.” She was born in Abia state. Her father is of Yoruba origin while her mother is of Igbo origin. She is the fifth child of seven children. She made her musical debut in a group called Noty Spices in 2005. Her music became widely popular in 2009 after winning the Peak Talent show.
Genre: Afro Pop
She attended Saint Saviour British Primary School and then attended Victory Grammar School, Lagos. She studied Geography at the University of Lagos.
The popular tracks released by her includes;
- Ghen Ghen
- Bamboo (this went on to be a hit and popular song for wedding)
- Johnny (this became an international hit and dominated music charts in various African countries like South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Ghana, Liberia, Uganda, Zimbabwe, as well as the United Kingdom).
Albums and Singles:
Her albums are King of Queens (2014) and Mama Africa (2016). Her singles include
- Ferrari (2016)
- Koffi Anan (2016)
- Classic Girl (2015)
- Na Gode (2015)
- Johnny (2013) and
- Fimisile (2009).
Award and Nominations:
She has bagged the MTV African Music Awards. She has several nominations which
- 2015 Best International Act: Africa (BET Awards)
- 2014 Female Artist of the Year (Nigeria entertainment Awards)
- 2014 Female Musician of the Year (City People Entertainment Awards)
- 2014 Best African Act (MOBO Awards)
- 2012 female Artiste of the Year (YEM Awards)
- 2013 Most Promising Female (ELOY Awards)
- Yemi Alade on Twitter: @yemialade
- Yemi Alade on Instagram: @yemialade
- Yemi Alade on Facebook: Yemi Alade
Read more news about Yemi Alade here