Muhammad Ali, arguably the greatest boxer of all time passed away at the age of 74 at a Phoenix, Arizona hospital on Friday, June 3,2016.
After a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s disease, Muhammad Ali has passed away at the age of 74. The three-time World Heavyweight Champion boxer died this evening,” says Bob Gunnell, a family spokesman.
In June 1964, Muhammad Ali visited Nigeria on a three-day trip and he returned back in 1979 for the inauguration of President Shehu Shagari.
Here are 9 rare photos of Ali’s visit to Nigeria;
1. Everybody wanted to shake hands with the great Ali
2. And he was dressed in the traditional Yoruba attire
3. More time with the youngsters
4. And Nigerians were happy to see him
5. He was welcomed by a model, Joyce Obang when he came in 1964
6. Tolulope Adeleke Ishola Fatoyinbo, a journalist got the chance to interview him
7. When he came back in 1979 for the installation ceremony of President Shehu Shagari which held at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.
8. With the governor of Lagos then, Mobolaji Johnson