Guess you don’t know These 10 Weird Facts About The UK
United Kingdom has a colorful history with countless numbers of strange facts. These weird acts are all believed to be true. Highlighted here are 10 of such facts. Hope you enjoy them.
- Queen Elizabeth does not have a passport of hers. I wonder how she gets through the security.
- The shortest flight in the world lasts just 2 minutes and it is found in Scotland. This flight is a mile in length. It connects Westray and Papa Westray.
- The legal age for kids in the UK to drink alcohol at home is just 5 years.
- The toenails of a long-dead alcoholic elephant (referred to as the mascot of the 78th regiment) are being displayed in the military museum section of Edinburgh Castle.
- The most remote pub in Britain is The Old Forge on Iverie in Scotland. It is 107 miles away from the nearest city (Iverness). It has no access road.
- It is illegal to die in the house of parliaments.
- Queen Anne had 17 children and all the children died before she died.
- The English Parliament abolished Christmas in 1647.
- One of the richest treasures in the world was found in Cheapside, London.
- Joseph Swan was the real inventor of electricity in 1880. However, he later teamed up with Thomas Edison in order to perfect it.