Head lice Prevention
As the saying goes, ”prevention is better than cure”, this applies to curing head lice as well. Nonetheless, this is not always true when it comes to head lice. Whether or not yourself or your child is exposed to the environment prone to head lice, you can stay cautious to avoid head lice.
Homemade Anti-Lice Oil
Here is a simple anti-lice oil recipe. Using the oil prevents the head lice infestation and helps you get rid of lice quickly.
Things you need:
- Neem leaves – 1/2 cup
- Unrefined sesame oil – 3 cups
- Dried neem flowers – 1 cup (if you don’t get neem flowers, you can use dried neem seeds)
- Dried tulsi leaves – ½ cup
- Calamus stick powder (1/4 cup)
- Add all the ingredients to the oil and bring it to a boil.
- Let it cool down and extract the oil after a few hours using a cloth or sieve.
- Apply this hair oil regularly (1-2 times a week)
- Wash the hair after at least 1-2 hours.
How to make it:
Regardless of the lice treatment you try (natural or any chemical treatment), make sure to wash the clothes and towels separately, that you or your child wore during the treatment.
Keep the hair clean and wash it at least twice a week. However, it is no guarantee for prevention of head lice. If the hair is clean, you can easily remove the lice and delay the infestation.
Don’t share the comb. Use separate comb for every single member in the family.
Regardless of the treatment you try to get rid of head lice and nits, you should regularly comb the hair daily to remove any of it that might have infested your hair. Also, killing and removal of nits from the hair prevents further infestation of head lice.