Whether you have a health or fitness goals, you’ve got to try these five smoothie recipes. They’re fresh, nutrient-packed and, quite frankly, delicious.
Nigerians are beginning to embrace the culture of making their own smoothies right from home, but many don’t know the best ingredients to combine to make an healthy and delicious smoothie.
For those of you who haven’t quite found the right mix, let’s take a look at some delicious, easy smoothie recipes that will jump start your morning and give you long term health, on the inside and out.
Here are five delicious and healthy smoothies you need to try;
#1. The Sweet and Savory Smoothie
– 2 kiwis (peeled!)
– 1 cup spinach
– ½ avocado
– 1 ½ cups coconut water
#2. Frozen Lemonade
– ½ cup mint tea (chilled in the fridge)
– 5 mint leaves
– ½ cup spinach
– 1 peeled lemon
– ½ cup ice
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
#3. Immunity Boosting Smoothie
– 1 cup coconut water
– ½ a green apple
– ¼ garden cucumber
– ¼ avocado
– ½ lemon (peeled)
– ½ inch sliced ginger
– ¼ cup fresh parsley (optional)
– 2-3 ice cubes
#4. Sweet and Tart Smoothie
– 2 cups baby dino kale
– 1 ½ cups finely chopped pineapple (cut out the inner rind as well)
– ½ cup coconut water
– 1 yellow banana (or frozen banana chunks)
#5. Swiss Smoothies
– 2 cups swiss chard (cleaned and stems removed)
– 1 sliced pear (core removed)
– 1 cup seedless green grapes (will make the smoothie sweeter!)
– 1 yellow banana
– 1 Orange (peeled)
– 1 tsp chia seeds (make sure you drink tons of water when you eat chia seeds; they make you dehydrated)
– ¼ cup water
All these smoothie options are extremely healthy and provide vitamins A, B, C, E as well as iron, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
When you start drinking smoothies like this, make sure that you start with smaller doses so that your body can actually absorb all the nutrients! Sometimes overloading you body with nutrients overwhelms it and gives you indigestion.
These servings are big enough to consume throughout your entire day! Enjoy!